guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Lörwald <stefan.loerw...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating a pseudo protocol or extension for hrefs
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2017 10:57:56 GMT
Hi,

I have a personal server on which I serve different content on different
ports. For remote access, I use guacamole with ssh etc. For simplicity, I'd
like to present the other content (e.g. Rstudio-server) in a similar way to
the connections.

I tried adding an extension by simply adding content via html snippets as
described here
<https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-patch-html>,
but utterly failed with no error messages in any of the logs.

In guacamole 0.8.3, I was able to just manipulate the index.xhtml file and
paste a simple

onclick="javascript:event.target.port=1234">click me</a>

into it.

Is there an easy way to achieve this with either an extension or a pseudo
protocol? The version I'm currently using is 0.9.11-incubating. I'd
personally prefer a pseudo protocol, as this would be configurable on a
per-user basis, rather than statically altering the site's content.

---

I've asked this question on stackoverflow too, but sadly so far there was
no reply:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42164457/creating-pseudo-protocol-or-extension-for-href-in-guacamole

Any advice on how to achieve this is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Stefan