guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re:
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 23:33:33 GMT
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 2:30 PM, <DMoscovitch@simard.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what the default timeout is for sessions in Guacamole is ?
> By that I mean,
> If I close my TAB in my browser (ie chrome) that has my Guacamole website
> but i have not logged out properly, and then reopen a tab and go back to
> the website I noticed that it connects me directly to the main web
> interface as logged in.
> If I close the full browser it does seem to prompt for a re-login though.
>
> I wouldn't mind being able to force a relogin if the tab is closed just
> incase anyone ever does this on a shared pc somewhere.
>
> I am currently running 0.9.9 behind Nginx on https pointing at TOMCAT7

You will remain logged into Guacamole until:

(A) You explicitly log out of Guacamole by clicking "Logout" within the menu
or (B) Your session expires due to inactivity (no connections open, not
otherwise actively using Guacamole)

By default, session expiration occurs after one hour of inactivity. This
can be changed using the "api-session-timeout" property:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#initial-setup

- Mike