guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 0.9.8 to 0.9.10-incubating
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 21:24:27 GMT
To upgrade from 0.9.8 to 0.9.10-incubating, you'll need to follow the
install instructions for 0.9.10-incubating just as you would with a
fresh install, copying your old/existing configuration as appropriate.
As you have things deployed on a production server, I'd recommend
starting with an entirely new deployment, that way things can be
tested and verified without disrupting active users. If that's not
feasible, making a backup/snapshot of the current server would be a
good idea before proceeding.

Configuration between 0.9.8 and 0.9.10-incubating is largely the same.
The main difference in your case will be the database schema, which
will need to be updated. To do this, you:

1) Make a backup of your current database
2) Run the upgrade scripts which apply to your version

As you are upgrading through two releases of schema changes, there are
two applicable upgrade scripts which would need to be run (*in
order*):

upgrade-pre-0.9.9.sql
upgrade-pre-0.9.10.sql

Those scripts are database-specific and are provided in the
"mysql/schema/" directory of the database extension .tar.gz (or
"postgresql/schema/" for PostgreSQL).

I would also recommend reading through the release notes to see if
anything jumps out at you, particularly the section on deprecation and
compatibility:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/releases/0.9.10-incubating/

Thanks,

- Mike