guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Automatically fit to browser window behaviour
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 22:01:56 GMT
On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Trevor Merritt
<trevor.merritt@alfcurtis.com> wrote:

> Is anyone currently working on changes to the scaling code?

I do not believe so.

> I’m finding that the ‘Automatically fit to browser window” checkbox is not reliable
in its behaviour.

> ·         When scale <100%, usually works
> ·         When scale > 100%, doesn’t work

Can you be more specific? In what way does it not work?

> I’m also finding that 10% jumps in the scale aren’t as helpful as possible.

Fair enough.

> I’d like to make the following changes:
>
> ·         Debug scale issues with checkbox
> ·         Replace scale label with textbox to allow direct entry of scale rates

Sounds reasonable, though I'm not sure adding a textbox for direct
entry of scale will be an improvement to the user experience. That
said, if that ability can be provided without making the interface
feel clunky/hacky, it doesn't sound like this would be a harmful
feature.

> If someone else is working on this already, I don’t want to step on toes.

I don't believe anyone is currently working on anything which touches
the scaling code, but quick search in JIRA is a good way to check
this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE/

The need to avoid stepping on toes is one of several reasons that we
require all Guacamole development/contributions to have an associated
issue in JIRA.

> Thanks for the great tool so far.  I look forward to making my small contribution.

Likewise!

- Mike