guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: NLA and Rap connections in guacamole 0.9.10
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 09:00:09 GMT
Hi Craig,

Guacamole's authentication behavior has not changed. The new "any"
option allows the RDP server to select the security mode of the
connection, and it may well choose NLA, but the behavior of the past
options has not been altered (including the default behavior).

Newer versions of Windows will use NLA by default, with some requiring
it for all connections. Could it be that the configuration of your RDP
server has simply changed? Or that it's a different version of Windows
than you used previously?

Thanks,

- Mike

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 9:04 AM, Craig Gibb <craig.gibb@me.com> wrote:
> Hi i have a question maybe someone can answer, i have installed the new version together
with a postgres DB using
> docker and everything went quite smooth but one difference i have seen between the new
version and the old one 0.9.6,
> is that when you configure RDP connections it seems that they will not work unless a
account and password are configured
> on the connection. This is also regardless if you choose to select any under the security
mode.
> Can anyone tell me if is this by design ?
> In the older version we could configure rep connections without adding any credentials
at all, and the user when executing then adds