guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Daniel <phoenixbb_m...@mail-hq.org>
Subject Re: Set permission to group members automatically
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 09:25:58 GMT
Hi Mike,

thanks for your answer.

I understand that a direct selection of connections is a good way to be
aware of these connections a user should have access to.

But what about the common behavior of other tree based selections where
the selection of the parent checkbox will select all checkboxes below
that checkbox?

In general users would expect to get a selection of the checkboxes below
a selected parent checkbox.

Especially for enterprise networks (e.g. with several groups of hundreds
of connections to specific machines) an administrator should be able to
select a specific group to allow access to a bunch of connections to a
single sub-admin.

At my location there are more than 1000 machines (i.e. assembly line
computers) that are categorized in several groups (i.e. based on vendors
of these machines).

May I suggest an additional selection way for a whole group?

Would it be possible to show a "Are you sure to select the whole group?"
dialog box to make the administrator aware of the selection of all
connections in that group?

Or could it be implemented as a configuration option of guacamole to be
able to select the subsequent connections of a group?

Kind regards,

Daniel