guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Issue when going into RDP session
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 21:25:16 GMT
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 12:39 PM, aschappell <aschappell@clearedgeit.com> wrote:
> Actually I know for a fact they are going through a proxy but there no way of
> getting information about that proxy. Is there any way to turn off "ssl"

You don't want to turn SSL off - you want to turn it *on* (assuming it
isn't already). There is documentation in the manual for doing this.
We recommend using a reverse proxy like Apache or Nginx:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html

>  and just allow proxies since i do not have any information on it?

It's not that Guacamole doesn't "allow" proxies, or that there is some
configuration setting which would make proxies suddenly work. The
issue is that web proxies often assume that web traffic is
non-interactive, and that it is thus safe to buffer the entire HTTP
stream until the connection is closed. This assumption fails for
Guacamole, because it is very much interactive, and buffering the
connection in that manner means the data simply never reaches the
user.

If you set up SSL in front of Guacamole, then there is a good chance
the proxy will pass that through untouched. Proxies generally have to
pass SSL traffic through unbuffered and unmodified, as doing otherwise
prevents SSL from working. Some corporate proxies are exceptions to
this, but if you don't have SSL set up yet, it's really worth trying.
You absolutely should be encrypting your Guacamole traffic, and if it
happens to solve your issue with the proxy, so much the better.

- Mike