guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Some RDP connections don't work
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 19:10:28 GMT
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 8:00 AM, systemreggie <jdavidb2006@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Guacamole installed and working with both RDP and VNC, but
> occasionally I am encountering systems to which I cannot connect with RDP.
> I can connect to these systems just fine with Windows Remote Desktop but not
> Guacamole.
>
> When I try to connect to these systems with Guacamole I get this error
> message: "The remote desktop server encountered an error and has closed the
> connection. Please try again or contact your system administrator."
> Sometimes instead it says "You have been disconnected."
>
> In syslog I see messages like these:
> Dec 20 10:11:02 remotelogin guacd[10531]: Error connecting to RDP server
> Dec 20 10:11:02 remotelogin guacd[10531]: Connection did not succeed

It sounds like the RDP server is rejecting the connection outright.
Normally this means that the authentication settings or credentials
are incorrect. More on this below.

> While in catalina.out I see Java exceptions like these:
> 10:12:17.211 [http-bio-8080-exec-6] DEBUG
> o.g.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Connection to guacd closed.

That exception in catalina.out can be safely ignored. It's only being
logged as such because debug-level logging is enabled, and exceptions
are indeed thrown when the socket is closed.

> I read somewhere the suggestion that for Windows 10 I needed to set my
> security mode to TLS encryption and check "ignore server certificate."  I
> have done that but it doesn't seem to change anything.

That would indeed be suggestion, as well... but if you've already done
so, there must be a different reason.

> Any suggestions how I can get connected or diagnose what is going wrong?

Is your RDP server perhaps configured to require NLA?

- Mike