guacamole-user mailing list archives

From DMoscovi...@simard.ca
Subject Re: Reverse Proxy Display Issue on External but Working Internally
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 14:01:38 GMT
Here is an example of nginx setup that i used to get working.
https://gist.github.com/martezr/e1815ac30cccea1ef130

I guess make sure your firewall isnt blocking any ports locally.
you can see the nginex config lower down   of
/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default

danielm

From:   Omer Iqbal <omitted@gmail.com>
To:     user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Date:   11/07/16 02:04 PM
Subject:        Re: Reverse Proxy Display Issue on External but Working
Internally

I have tried it with that but still the same issue.

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Bob Henderson <bhenderson@lpa.k12.mn.us>
wrote:
Add a / at the end of your guac URL on the proxy configuration.

On Nov 6, 2016 7:16 PM, "Omer Iqbal" <omitted@gmail.com> wrote:
I was hoping to get some help with an NGINX reverse proxy issue I've run
into.

So here is what I have done in case anyone is trying to replicate the
issue:

1) Setup an NGINX server / domain name with letsencrypt - used easyengine.
Websites / everything display perfectly.
2) Setup Guacamole 0.9.9 using the docker images.
-available at 192.168.1.32:8080/guacamole - working without issues
3) Setup an internal reverse proxy at 192.168.1.31/guac using this
setting:

server {
listen 80 default_server;
listen [::]:80 default_server;

root /var/www/html;

index index.html index.htm index.nginx-debian.html;

server_name _;

location / {
# First attempt to serve request as file, then
# as directory, then fall back to displaying a 404.
try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
}
  location /guac {
    proxy_pass http://192.168.1.32:8080/guacamole;
    proxy_buffering off;
    proxy_http_version 1.1;
    proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
    proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
  proxy_cookie_path /guacamole/ /guac/;
    access_log off;
    tcp_nodelay on;
    tcp_nopush off;
    sendfile on;
    client_body_buffer_size 10K;

    #client_header_buffer_size 1k;
    client_max_body_size 8m;
    #large_client_header_buffers 2 1k;
    client_body_timeout 12;
    #client_header_timeout 12;
    keepalive_timeout 15;
    send_timeout 10;
}

}

-everything is working fine and guacamole displays correctly

4) Setup an external reverse proxy at domain.tld/guac using this setting:

server {

    server_name domain.com   www.domain.com;

    access_log /var/log/nginx/domain.com.access.log rt_cache;
    error_log /var/log/nginx/domain.com.error.log;

    root /var/www/domain.com/htdocs;

    index index.php index.html index.htm;

    include common/php.conf;

    include common/locations.conf;
    include /var/www/domain.com/conf/nginx/*.conf;
  location /guacamole {
    proxy_pass http://10.10.1.3:8080;
    proxy_buffering off;

  # WebSocket support
  proxy_http_version 1.1;
    proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
    proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
  proxy_cookie_path /guacamole/ /guac/;
    #access_log off;
    tcp_nodelay on;
    tcp_nopush off;
    sendfile on;
    client_body_buffer_size 10K;

    #client_header_buffer_size 1k;
    client_max_body_size 8m;
    #large_client_header_buffers 2 1k;
    client_body_timeout 12;
    #client_header_timeout 12;
    keepalive_timeout 15;
    send_timeout 10;
}

}

-no display of guacamole

Hoping someone will be able to provide some insight? I don't get any error
on the NGINX side and haven't been able to find anything specific in the
docker logs for guacamole and guacd.

Thanks