guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Jérémy Thévenin <Jeremy.Theve...@frr.fr>
Subject RE: VNC latency
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 20:33:01 GMT
Hi Mike,

Nothing between Guacamole and VNC server. Both are in same subnet.
I tested with a remote VNC server connected by a poor DSL and VPN, I have exactly same «
performance »

Jérémy

De : Mike Jumper [mailto:mike.jumper@guac-dev.org]
Envoyé : mardi 15 novembre 2016 21:20
À : user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Objet : Re: VNC latency

Hi Jérémy,

That's definitely not normal behavior. In general, things should be responsive, offset by
network latency, which is typically on the order of 10 - 20ms. For pure LAN connection, this
should be even smaller. What you're describing is two orders of magnitude greater than what
would be expected for a connection going over the internet.

Is there anything on your network which might be interfering with the Guacamole traffic? A
proxy perhaps?

Thanks,

- Mike

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 1:23 AM, Jérémy Thévenin <Jeremy.Thevenin@frr.fr<mailto:Jeremy.Thevenin@frr.fr>>