guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: LDAP Connections
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2016 06:08:21 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 7:13 AM, Carter Sema <CSema@acschools.org> wrote:

> After some help from someone, was able to get LDAP up and running. Now I’m
> looking for advice on how to add connections for these LDAP accounts. We
> are looking to not extend the Schema on our MS AD. I know you can control
> the connections via a mysql database, which I have been looking into now,
> but haven’t had any luck finding a good forum/instructions to find.
>

> Anyone have any suggestions?

The first thing you'll want to do is get the database authentication
working independently of LDAP:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html

Once you have both the database authentication and LDAP working (you can
log in to Guacamole as either database or LDAP users), the section in the
manual describing how to tie them together is here:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/ldap-auth.html#ldap-and-database

Thanks,

- Mike