guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Update 0.9.9 docker to 0.9.10
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 15:59:54 GMT
On Nov 28, 2016 7:44 AM, "Christian Kraus" <christian.kraus@ckc-it.at>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> what ist he best/easiast way to upgrade the Gucamole and Guacd Docker
0.9.9 version to 0.9.10 docker from mjumper rep ?

Hi Christian,

Please keep in mind that 0.9.10 is not actually out yet. There is a release
candidate being reviewed, but it cannot be released until the various votes
pass, the first of which was opened recently. Once the release is out,
there will be an actual, documented Docker Hub location for the images,
which will not be my repository.

The version of Guacamole on my Docker Hub repository is built from git
master. I use it for testing development, and it can be handy if you wish
to do the same, but it is does NOT contain the 0.9.10 release candidate. It
contains the latest bleeding-edge code.

I recommend waiting until 0.9.10 is actually released before upgrading.
When that time comes, the process is:

1) Make a backup of your database
2) Run the schema upgrade script for 0.9.10 included with the database auth
extension .tar.gz package
3) Follow the updated documentation to deploy the latest Docker versions of
guacamole and guacd. The old Docker containers can be discarded once you
verify the upgrade was successful.

Thanks,

- Mike