guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Apply theme extension to docker container
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2016 06:22:26 GMT
On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Andy Pattrick <andy.pattrick@horiba.com> wrote:

> However, when I login, I get the exception shown below. I was running the
> mjumper/guacamole:latest  image against my existing GUACD and MySQL running
> containers. Am I right in thinking that the database schema has changed and
> I'm going to need to update my MySQL container from a new image?

Yes.

>  If that's correct, how would I go about doing that without losing my existing
> database content such as user accounts, connections etc? My apologies if
> this is actually a 'howto docker upgrade' question rather than a guacamole
> upgrade question.

Make a backup of your database first, just in case, and then run the
schema upgrade script. To upgrade your MySQL database from the 0.9.9
schema to 0.9.10-incubating-RC1, you would use:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-client/0.9.10-incubating-RC1/extensions/guacamole-auth-jdbc/modules/guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql/schema/upgrade/upgrade-pre-0.9.10.sql

The need for that script is more explicitly listed in the manual, and
is included in a more obvious path within the .tar.gz of the database
extension, so you can expect this to be clearer when the release is
actually out.

Though there is a convenience script included within guacamole-docker
for producing the schema creation SQL script ("initdb.sh"), there is
currently no similar script for conveniently producing the upgrade
script(s). They still need to be pulled either from git or from the
released .tar.gz for the extension.

Keep in mind that if your database is older than 0.9.9, you will need
to run the other relevant upgrade-pre-*.sql scripts first, as each
script applies only the changes made between two releases.

- Mike