guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Some sound issues
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2016 06:07:40 GMT
Enabling audio input support on Windows Server is tricky. I know that
it can be done, and have succeeded in doing so with 2008, but
Microsoft's documentation is somewhat deficient here. They do cover
part of what is required in that:

1) It is not enabled by default, and must be enabled manually by
editing group policy:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759231.aspx

2) You likely need to edit/set the "fDisableAudioCapture" registry
key: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2020918

But the above will still have no effect unless the "Remote Desktop
Session Host" role is also installed:

http://serverfault.com/questions/549812/cant-redirect-microphone-by-rdp-no-audio-devices-are-installed

- Mike