guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Hogne Vevle ...@webhuset.no>
Subject Re: Guacamole Printer is not Showing Up
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2016 21:22:25 GMT
Hi,

Did you check the Windows Event Logs for any information? Usually you'll see some error there
after connecting - in many cases the error will be regarding missing drivers, like your quote
suggests. You will in that case have to download the appropriate drivers from the website
of your printer's brand (HP, Canon, Brother etc.), and install them onto the remote server
to which you are connecting).

- Hogne

Sendt fra min iPhone

> Den 20. nov. 2016 kl. 21.58 skrev Ray Jantz <ray.jantz@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to connect to a server that is running a product called Thinstuff, which
is a replacement for Microsoft Terminal Services.  It implements the RDP protocol and with
Guacamole I am able to establish a remote desktop session.  However when I enable printing,
I do not see the Guacamole Printer as an option in the print dialog.  In syslog, I see the
following:

> Nov 20 14:22:39 rjantz-hp guacd[19239]: Client ID confirmed
> Nov 20 14:22:57 rjantz-hp guacd[19239]: User logged on
> Nov 20 14:22:57 rjantz-hp guacd[19239]: Sending printer
> Nov 20 14:22:57 rjantz-hp guacd[19239]: Registered device 0 (Guacamole Printer)
> Nov 20 14:22:57 rjantz-hp guacd[19239]: All supported devices sent.
> Nov 20 14:22:57 rjantz-hp guacd[19239]: Device 0 (Guacamole Printer) connected successfull
>
> So it seems that Guacamole thinks the printer is connected.  The Thinstuff FAQ has this
information:

> "For printer drivers which are not part of the standard windows printer driver database
you will have to install the specific printer driver once on the server to make autoprinter
creation work for this specific printer too."

> Could this be the reason I am failing to see the Guacamole Printer?  If so, how would
I resolve the problem?  Or do you have other suggestions of things I could try?