guacamole-user mailing list archives

From stewe <stefan.wit...@zvw.uni-goettingen.de>
Subject Re: RDP connection problems with Windows Server 2008 R2 - No NLA
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 09:36:59 GMT
Hi,

from the Guacamole manual, chapter 5

"""
Authentication and security

RDP provides authentication through the use of a username, password, and
optional domain.

Most RDP servers will provide a graphical login if the username, password,
and domain parameters are omitted. One notable exception to this is Network
Level Authentication, or NLA, which performs all authentication outside of a
desktop session, and thus in the absence of a graphical interface. If your
server requires NLA, you will need to manually choose this as your security
mode, and you must provide a username and password.
"""

As far as I see providing username and password is only possible when
configuring the connection(!), so all users who are allowed to use this
connection with authenticate with the same username and password, a security
issue I think. Or you configure a special connection for each host/user. But
this means, the connection has to be reconfigured if the user changes his
password.