guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bradford <chrismbradf...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Extension "guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar" could not be loaded
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 16:57:30 GMT
Thanks Mike, I'll update the post I used to build the environment accordingly.

From: mike.jumper@guac-dev.org
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 15:42:10 -0700
Subject: Re: Extension "guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar" could not be loaded
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Chris Bradford <chrismbradford@outlook.com> wrote:

Nevermind - I fixed this, my solution was to stop tomcat8, remove the guacamole.war file,

guacamole tomcat8 directory and then re-dploy the guacamole client,
using the commands below. Perhaps an issue caused by building the guacamole-clientvia git
clone, rather than downloading .war file?
Building guacamole-client from git should result in exactly the same sort of .war file (it's
how the .war is built each release, after all).
The error you were seeing (regarding API version) occurs when an extension cannot be loaded
because it was built against a different version of Guacamole. While the version number of
Guacamole within the git repository at the time was 0.9.9, it's likely that there were changes
on git which made it incompatible with the extensions built against the 0.9.9 release. There
are version number sanity checks performed against extensions when Guacamole starts up, but
those will only fail if the version number of the application has been bumped, and that only
happens when we're preparing for a new release.
The database authentication is part of the guacamole-client source, within the "extensions/guacamole-auth-jdbc"
directory, so if you built guacamole-client from git you may have actually had a proper version
of the extension on hand - just deeper in the directory tree. In any case, if you want to
build Guacamole from git, you can definitely do so. Just make sure to use extensions built
against the same version (ie: from git).
Please also keep in mind that the repositories referenced in the link you provided are from
prior to the move to Apache Incubator, and thus will not have the latest source. The new repositories
are:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-client
https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-server

- Mike