guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Windows server
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 19:14:17 GMT
On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Chris Miller <cjm@tryx.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have guacamole 0.9.9 up and running on Centos 7. My desktops connect
> with RDP effortlessly, but my domain controllers running Windows Server
> 2008r2 and Windows Server 2012r2 will not accept connections. After I log
> in and get my page of configured connections, and I select one of the
> Domain Controllers, I get a message, "The remote desktop server encountered
> an error and has closed the connection. Please try again or contact your
> system administrator."
>
> I find no traces in the event log, so I'm flying blind here. Can anybody
> suggest where to look for clues about the discontent of my Windows Server
> boxes?

Are those servers perhaps configured to require NLA?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732713(v=ws.11).aspx

If so, you would need to either configure the RDP servers to allow non-NLA
connections, or configure Guacamole to use NLA, which will require
specifying the username/password in the connection parameters:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-authentication

I believe Windows Server 2012 may additionally require that all connections
use TLS, so if things still don't work there, explicitly specifying "tls"
for the security mode in the connection parameters may help. If the cert
used for TLS cannot be verified (ie: it's self-signed), you may also need
to set "ignore-cert" to "true".

- Mike