guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Console ID Cache issue when using user-mapping.xml
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 17:47:32 GMT
On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 2:56 AM, Rishi <2rushikeshj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I did wrote a separate authentication module inspired from noauth however
> the problem still persists.
> It is the cookie that connects to original console and not new one. If I
> remove cookie and try for new console, it works fine.

Authentication/session state is tied to the authentication token, which is
stored in memory and, yes, within a cookie by JavaScript. The cookie is not
used in the traditional sense, and is ignored by the server. The part of
HTTP requests which the web application uses to tie a request to a session
is the "token" parameter.

Any ideas how can I force flush cookie and let it go through authentication
> module ?

First, to clarify, I think it's important to avoid fixating on the cookie.
While it is part of the issue you're encountering, it is not actually the
cause. Both the built-in extension which uses user-mapping.xml and the
NoAuth extension cache the connections available to a user, so if you're
basing your authentication extension on NoAuth, there is a good chance you
inherited that behavior. The caching is internal to
SimpleAuthenticationProvider.

If you implement AuthenticationProvider directly, rather than using the
SimpleAuthenticationProvider class, the level of caching (if any) can be
dictated by your implementation.

Beyond that, if you find yourself fighting the authentication/extension
subsystem, you might want to look into integrating the core of Guacamole
rather than the entire web application. The authentication system is
specific to the web application we wrote around our own APIs, and those
APIs are intentionally kept independent. If you integrate the remote
desktop functionality of Guacamole using those APIs, then you can dictate
how connections are established entirely yourself:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/writing-you-own-guacamole-app.html

- Mike