guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Chris Miller <...@tryx.org>
Subject Database authentication
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 20:34:51 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm following Chapter 6 in the manual, which is an exceptionally good work.

I have installed MiriaDB, created a database, "guacamole", and user "guacamole" with a password,
granted the necessary privs, and run the scripts in mysql/schema. I've confirmed that I can
run "mysql -u guacamole -p" and that the database is populated. I can see "guacadmin". I've
updated guacamole.properties accordingly.

I've added
${GUACAMOLE_HOME}/ extensions /guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-0.9.9.jar
${GUACAMOLE_HOME}/ lib/mysql /mysql-connector-java-5.1.40-bin.jar
It is not clear to me that I have expanded both tarballs correctly and put everything in the
correct place.

In short, I believe I've followed Chapter 6 assiduously, but the guacamole logon page is now
blank. If I comment out the entries in guacamole.properties, the I am back up and running
with user-mapping.xml, but that simply confirms that guacamole.properties is correctly positioned
and formatted.

Can anybody advise me?
--
Chris.