guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Chris Cook <coo...@jlsautomation.com>
Subject RE: Scripted Branding
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 18:13:57 GMT
Anything?

From: Chris Cook [mailto:cookcj@jlsautomation.com]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 9:24 PM
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Scripted Branding

Sorry about the brevity of my earlier response; my better-half and I were entertaining a new
client - one who is very keen on implementing and experimenting with a Guac based tablet/mobile
HMI infrastructure within his factory...

The logos and the favicons, should both be fixed assets somewhere and should be fairly easy
to copy over via script within a BASH environment, following the platform installation/build-out;
something like the following should do the trick:

Logo Copyover:
 cp /media/installationID/logo.png /guacamole_fixed-asset_directory/logo_whatever.png

Favicon Copyover:
 cp /media/installationID/favicon.png /guacamole_fixed-asset_directory/favicon_whatever.png

The issue with this scripting methodology is knowing where the fixed assets are located within
the default file structure...  If you could provide some illumination as to the path of these
static assets, that would be awesome.

Changing the webapp display name and the browser tab display names will be a little more complicated
as they are both supposedly generated by a .css file somewhere.  If this .css file is a static
asset, where is it located?  If this .css file is dynamically generated, what generates it
and how can I edit it to accept a one-time user entry to establish an application name?

To be clear, the project I am working on is based upon a fixed/static and non-updating, configuration-fixed,
and revision-controlled appliance build model - i.e. my company builds and installs the appliance
within a system which will then be revision-fixed.  If requested/required, I or another engineer
would update the core platform, fault test the new core platform, press a new distribution
image, and then update/upgrade the production system as specifically requested/contracted.

As such, I am not concerned about an end-client initiated update/upgrade event as my end-client
user will not have the ability to independently perform such an operation without the involvement
of either myself or one the engineers that works with/for me.