guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Chris Cook <coo...@jlsautomation.com>
Subject RE: make guacamole start powered-off remote server
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2016 17:21:03 GMT
Most-likely, it is not possible - without ALOT of network routing and transport layer work...

Cold-starting a machine via a network connection requires the use of Wake-On-LAN (WOL).

WOL is based purely upon the MAC address of the target network interface and as such is non-routable
beyond a single network's physical broadcast domain.

IMO, your best option is to add a fail-safe client to your infrastructure (either real or
virtual) that you can access via guacamole - then, use that fail-safe client to broadcast
the non-routable WOL packet within the remote networks internal broadcast domain.

- Chris
________________________________
From: Jeffson Wu [fengyi4wu@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2016 12:00 AM
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: make guacamole start powered-off remote server

Dear guacamole support team:

Recently I finished a project using guacamole server to manage remote linux server using RDP.
I can login in remotely to access that linux server through web.

what I want to do now is when the remote server is powered-off,I can login in the guacamole
web interface to auto start the remote linux server.

Can I find a way to configure the guacamole server to start the remote linux server?if yes,how?

Thanks in advance.

Jeffson.
THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY
TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND
EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail to info@jlsautomation.com
and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.