guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Server connection error
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 00:57:11 GMT
On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Andy Pattrick <andy.pattrick@horiba.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've got guacamole 0.9.9 set up inside docker on Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS,
> using MySQL and LDAP authentication. On the whole it seems to work very well
> indeed but I have one user who is helping me test it who is having problems
> and I am stumped so I am wondering if anyone on here can help me?
>
> The symptoms are that he can log in just fine but when he tries to open a
> connection he receives a 'Connection Error' - 'An internal error has
> occurred within the Guacamole server and the connection has been terminated.
> If the problem persists.....blah blah blah'. Looking in the logs (with
> "docker log guacamole-container"), all I can see is that his connection is
> made and then terminated a few milliseconds later.
>
>  09:10:41.485 [http-nio-8080-exec-10] INFO
> o.g.g.net.basic.TunnelRequestService - User "satoshi.koyama" connected to
> connection "1".
>
>  09:10:41.490 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] INFO
> o.g.g.net.basic.TunnelRequestService - User "satoshi.koyama" disconnected
> from connection "1". Duration: 5 milliseconds

5 ms is awfully short. Normally I would suspect proxy/network issues
between the Guacamole server and the browser, but that would manifest
itself as disconnects after 15 seconds (the network timeout used by
Guacamole internally).

Are there any other errors in the logs prior to the messages you've
already listed?

> It doesn't matter which connection he tries he always gets the same error.
> Other users can open these connections just fine. He has reproduced this in
> Chrome 53.0.2785.116 m and IE11 and gets the same behaviour in both. I am
> using the same browser versions and they are working fine for me.  I
> suspected localisation issues because he is on a Japanese OS but I have
> since tested on a Japanese VM and it's working fine from there.

Localisation issues shouldn't have any impact on the connections themselves.

> Is there other logging I can look at to diagnose what is happening on the
> server? Any ideas what might be going on?

If only that particular user is encountering issues, the first thing
I'd check is their browser logs, such as those displayed in the
JavaScript console of most browsers' dev tools.

It's also worth checking the guacd logs, to see if anything sticks out.

- Mike