guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: 0.9.10 / IOS 10 swipe from left opens wrong menu
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 22:07:33 GMT
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Steve Karam <oraclealchemist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, that’s amazing. I had no idea.
>
> I wonder if it’s possible to make it automatically go into text-input mode
> from a mobile browser as well. That would be stellar (though it does get
> rather crowded).

You can set the default input settings locally (for that specific
browser) within Guacamole's preferences screen:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/using-guacamole.html#default-input-settings

Having Guacamole set the default input settings heuristically (based
on whether you likely lack a keyboard) might prove more harmful than
good. I'd say try using the above for a while and see how life feels.
If you find yourself swearing at the UI, then the idea needs work.