guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Problem getting a WebSocket Tunnel going
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 03:04:23 GMT
On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Lawrence Cortright <lac7282@tfn.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am attempting to make what I think is a standard WebSocket connection
> using the JavaScript API and have run into a wall. I'm using Guac 0.9.9,
> Tomcat 7.0.54 on CentOS 7. I have the NoAuth extension installed and
> working for normal connections to Guacamole and direct to VNC clients
> using their Base64 URLs.
>
> The error spew is below, as is the JS code I'm using. I'm getting
> "permission denied" errors, and it seems as if NoAuth doesn't come into
> play when talking to the tunnel this way?
>
> Thank you in advance for any advice on what I'm doing wrong here.

>             // Connect
>             guac.connect('GUAC_ID=1&GUAC_TYPE=c&GUAC_DATA_SOURCE=noauth');

The other missing parameter here, used by the web application, is
"token". Even though no credentials are checked by NoAuth, as far as
the web application is concerned, the authentication process still
needs to occur.

That said:

If you're going this far, you really shouldn't bother using NoAuth,
etc. Follow the rest of the tutorial with respect to the HTTP tunnel,
and you will be completely independent of the web application - it
will be up to you to determine what (if any) authentication occurs,
how the connection parameters are determined, etc.

The tutorial is not up to date with respect to the WebSocket tunnel,
but there is an implementation of that in the guacamole-common API as
well:

https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/guacamole-common/org/glyptodon/guacamole/websocket/GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint.html

The APIs provide the means to implement your own application without
having to reimplement the core remote desktop pieces of Guacamole. You
don't need to embed the mainline web application to achieve this.

- Mike