guacamole-user mailing list archives

From <Alex.Kru...@csiro.au>
Subject RE: Guacamole Performance
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 07:12:43 GMT

Alex

From: Mike Jumper [mailto:mike.jumper@guac-dev.org]
Sent: Friday, 12 August 2016 1:48 PM
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Guacamole Performance

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 7:47 PM, <Alex.Kruger@csiro.au<mailto:Alex.Kruger@csiro.au>>
wrote:
Hi Shanon,

I’m not sure about the version numbers but I cloned guacamole-client and guacamole-server
directly from https://github.com/glyptodon about a month ago so it should be pretty recent.

The latest development will be on the Apache repositories, so definitely try against those:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-client

https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-server

A month ago is after the point where Guacamole was accepted into the Apache Incubator, so
there's a good change the code you cloned was actually closer to ~6 months old.

That said, even that old should be fine ... 0.9.9 happened before that and was a very decent
release, and quite fast.

I should probably clarify that turbovnc runs without issues, it’s only guacamole.

Is there anything else you can tell us about your setup?

What does your network look like? What kind of machine is serving Guacamole? Are you using
Tomcat or some other servlet container? Are there any proxies involved? etc.

You say that you're using a Guacamole-based tool. What differs here between the tool (what
tool?) and a stock Guacamole deployment?

Any additional information about the deployment details of guac would be helpful.

- Mike