guacamole-user mailing list archives

From <Alex.Kru...@csiro.au>
Subject Guacamole Performance
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 01:44:19 GMT
Hi,

I've recently installed a guacamole based tool to access remote machines. In comparison to
using TurboVNC directly to the same machine, guacamole seems to perform very poorly (low fps,
regular stutters, noticeable delay between input and feedback)  and on safari some of the
colours seem to be messed up. I'm just wondering is this possibly because I've set it up differently
in some way to what it should be or if this is just the nature of the additional web layer
on top of vnc?

Another small issue I've found is that the text becomes blurry if the browser stretches the
resolution of the session. I try to set the size to be 100% (in the ctrl+alt+shit menu) but
the minus button doesn't let me go below 118% unless I resize my browser window)

Alex Kruger
IT Officer | Scientific Computing
Information Management & Technology
CSIRO
E alex.kruger@csiro.au<mailto:alex.kruger@csiro.au> T +61 3 9545 2886
www.csiro.au<http://www.csiro.au/>

PLEASE NOTE
The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged. Any unauthorised
use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it
immediately and notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent permitted by law,
CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.