guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Thiago dos Santos Nunes <thi...@DIGITALINFORMATICA.COM.BR>
Subject RES: Can´t connect to Database
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 13:25:31 GMT
Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your help. My mistake: I was compiling the source from manual on the site,
not the new repo.

It´s working very well now.

Thanks again.

Fique com DEUS.

AUDE ET EFFICE
[assinaturaThiagoDJPG]

De: Mike Jumper [mailto:mike.jumper@guac-dev.org]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 31 de agosto de 2016 00:01
Para: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Assunto: Re: Can´t connect to Database

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Thiago dos Santos Nunes <thiago@digitalinformatica.com.br<mailto:thiago@digitalinformatica.com.br>>
wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble testing the guacamole 0.9.10.

Keep in mind there is no 0.9.10 yet. What you are referring to here is current git. It's not
quite release time for 0.9.10-incubating.

I compile the version of GitHub, but I can not access the guacamole via web panel, the error
is "login invalid". I am using the following environment: Ubuntu 04.16, MySQL (apt install
mysql-server), "guacamole-auth-jdbc-0.9.9.tar.gz" (I not found the 0.9.10 version to download
or compiled).

You *cannot* mix versions. If you check the Tomcat logs, you should find a warning from Guacamole
noting that the extension is not compatible and will not be loaded.

If you wish to use Guacamole built from git, you will need to use the extensions built from
git as well (and update your database schema using the upgrade script). They are indeed part
of the incubator-guacamole-client, so if you build that part of Guacamole from source, the
MySQL auth will be built as well.

For future reference, keep in mind that the "Invalid Login" error is intentionally generic,
and will be displayed to the user for any failure during login, including failures due purely
to server configuration. This is done for security reasons, to avoid exposing internals. If
you ever encounter "Invalid Login" unexpectedly, the first place to look for an explanation
would be the Tomcat logs. If you don't find any useful messages toward the bottom of the logs,
look earlier to see if an error occurred during Guacamole deployment.

- Mike