guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Steve Karam <oraclealchem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web Client support
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2016 18:33:09 GMT
Hi Keith,

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your use case, but it sounds like all you need is an nginx reverse
proxy. Users connect to nginx, and the nginx host proxies connections to the target systems.

I actually do this in a cloud lab system I designed to proxy port 80 on a central server to
different lab systems on port 8080 (guac) depending on the URL. The backend servers can't
be accessed directly.

> On Aug 27, 2016, at 2:13 PM, Andrews, Keith <Keith_Andrews@alliedtelesis.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Guacamole can provide a great web-based proxy connection to SSH, TELNET, RDP and VNC
hosts that reside on another network (provided that the server running guac has access to
both the user and managed host.

> User ---(network A)--->Guac Server---(networkB)--->(SSH, TELNET, VNC, RDP Host)
>
> It would be great if guac could also be used to connect to web managed devices that reside
on a network only accessible to guac and not the user.

> User ---(network A)--->Guac Server---(networkB)--->(HTTP/S)
>
> Has anybody extend support for this?  Is there an available extention?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith
>
> This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, please
be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by
the sender's e-mail System Administrator.