guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: KeyboardEvent deprecation and 0.9.9 re-release
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 14:31:38 GMT
On Aug 30, 2016 7:15 AM, "Cezar Agrigoroaei" <Cezar.Agrigoroaei@bigstep.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’ve been using your API for a time now. It’s really great. Good job,
guys!

> While developing my own guacamole-app, I ran on the following issue: “
'KeyboardEvent.keyIdentifier' is deprecated and will be removed in M53,
around September 2016. See
https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5316065118650368 for more details.”.

> I believe that KeydownEvent and KeyupEvent functions should be modified
accordingly.

keyIdentifier is actually already only used if the non-legacy properties
have been insufficient to determine the identity of the key. As long as
Chrome sets the other properties of the key event appropriately, then
keyIdentifier will not be used, even though it will still be read.

Guacamole's keyboard handling employs a history list of key events, and at
times must determine key identity through retrospective inspection of a
past event, hence the need to slurp up as much information as possible.

Support for that property needs to remain in Guacamole for sake of
compatibility, but its removal from a future version of Chrome shouldn't
break anything.

> Besides that, there are some bugs you fixed and re-released version 0.9.9
in January -
https://github.com/glyptodon/guacamole-client/releases/tag/0.9.9, but the
Maven repository and website reflect only changes made until Dec 18, 2015 -
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.glyptodon.guacamole/guacamole-common.

The bug that resulted in 0.9.9 being re-released was strictly within the
web application. The artifacts in the Maven repository were not affected,
as the web application is not among these.

Thanks,

- Mike