guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject RE: Guacadmin does not connect to the administration panel, but rather on the single connection I've added automatically
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 06:05:35 GMT
On Aug 23, 2016 10:59 PM, "Ă–sth Mikael" <Mikael.Osth@tillvaxtanalys.se>
wrote:

> I think this is a great function!
>
> It is very smooth when there is is only one RDP for most users. Then the
get directly to where they want without any more clicks

Yup, I agree.

However, for users with the system administration permission (or permission
to manage connections or users), I think the normal home screen should be
used even in the single connection case. In fact ... perhaps the admin
users should be taken directly to the settings interface.

Just as it makes sense to optimize normal users' access to their
connection(s), it makes sense to optimize administrators access to admin
functions.

Normal users (who lack such permissions) would see the same behavior as
always. If you ARE the admin and want that connection-centric behavior,
then the answer would be to create a lower privileged user for yourself to
use when not administrating (which is good practice anyway).

- Mike