guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: guacamole in docker on a Synology NAS
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 19:40:42 GMT
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 12:30 PM, David <david283@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am new to guacamole and this mailing list.
>
> I am trying to setup guacamole on my NAS using docker.  I am having
> trouble with one of the early steps in the documentation,
> "Initializing the MySQL database".
>
> I am following this =
> http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-docker.html
>
> It said to run this command = $ docker run --rm glyptodon/guacamole
> /opt/guacamole/bin/initdb.sh --mysql > initdb.sql
>
> But I am not sure where to run it, the mysql container will not run
> and gives the error that there are no databases configured, and the
> terminal inside docker will not work until the container is started.

I would recommend reading through the documentation surrounding the
specific MySQL image that you are trying to use. Since that MySQL
image would be completely useless without some means of creating and
initializing a database, there should be *something* documented in
that regard. That part of things is not Guacamole-specific.

Once you iron out deploying MySQL, you should be good to proceed with Guacamole.

> Also, do i need to link all 3 containers to the other 2, or just link
> "glyptodon-guacamole" to the other 2, or some other configuration?

You need, at minimum, two containers:

1) guacd
2) guacamole (which must be linked to guacd)

The configuration for Guacamole is provided at container creation
time. If you are using MySQL, then that configuration comes through
the environment variables supplied to the "docker" command and
(optionally) an additional link to a MySQL container. The
configuration information for MySQL is thus derived either 100% from
those environment variables, or from a combination of those variables
and the link.

If you read ahead through the Docker chapter of the Guacamole manual,
this is all covered pretty thoroughly:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-docker.html#guacamole-docker-image

Make sense?

- Mike