guacamole-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steffen Moser <li...@steffen-moser.de>
Subject Re: guacamole 0.9.9 immediately disconnects all sessions
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 22:18:39 GMT
Hi Benjamin,

On 08/12/2016 08:39 PM, Cahill, Benjamin wrote:
>>> On Aug 12, 2016, at 12:59 , Cahill, Benjamin <bcahill@alertacademy.com>
wrote:
>>>
>>> Alrighty, my problem is that I cannot get guacamole 0.9.9 to connect
>>> using RDP or SSH. I have set up several profiles testing Windows 10
>>> (RDP), Windows XP (RDP), and Linux (SSH) boxes to no avail.
>>>
>>> I always get this error in my browser when attempting a connection:
>>>
>>> "An internal error has occurred within the Guacamole server, and the
>>> connection has been terminated. If the problem persists, please notify
>>> your system administrator, or check your system logs."
> 
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Dmitri Chebotarov <dchebota@gmu.edu> wrote:
>> Hi Benjamine
>>
>> If you testing it with Windows 10, change security layer in “Require use of specific
security layer for remote (RDP) connections" to ‘RDP’ via Local GPO and try again.
>>
>> Security Layer = ‘RDP’ for
>>
>> start gpedit.msc
>>
>> Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Remote Desktop
Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Security/Require use of specific security layer for remote
(RDP) connections
>>
>> Assuming firewall on Windows 10 is open and RDP is enabled.
> 
> Thank you, Dmitri, for the suggestion.
> 
> I failed to mention that I have already done this. The connections are
> also failing in the same way for Windows XP RDP connections as well as
> Linux SSH connections.
> 
> Other ideas?

I had quite similar problems when I upgraded from Tomcat 6 to Tomcat 8
(both running on Solaris 11.3) after a server crash. The RDP connection
was closed immediately after opening it and the message you mentioned
was displayed. I didn't see any helpful logs, but I must admit that I
unfortunately didn't have much time for further analyzing, because I had
to restore the production system after its breakdown.

Downgrading to Tomcat 6 fixed the problem for me.

In our case, only the Guacamole client runs on Solaris, the "guacd"
daemon runs on the Linux VM which also hosts the RDP services (XRDP +
TigerVNC or X11RDP) server.

Maybe our problems are totally unrelated, but if there was an easy way
of downgrading your Tomcat to version 6, it might be worth a try to
narrow down the problem.

Kind regards,
Steffen


-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.-Inf. Steffen Moser
School of Advanced Professional Studies            Room: O27/317
Ulm University                                     Tel: +49.731.50-24179
Albert-Einstein-Allee 11                           Fax: +49.731.50-24182
89081 Ulm, Germany                               http://saps.uni-ulm.de/

Mime
View raw message