guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Chebotarov <dcheb...@gmu.edu>
Subject Re: Guacamole username vs RDP username?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:28:29 GMT

I’m connecting to two MS Windows VMs. But I expect the result will be the same if it were
two Linux VMs (xrdp).

--
Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
ITS/SSG @ GMU
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5 [https://goo.gl/maps/w2nCJ6APrHC2]
Phone: (703) 993-6175 | Fax: (703) 993-3404
Public key: [https://goo.gl/SlE8tj]

> On Jul 27, 2016, at 21:02 , brian mullan <bmullan.mail@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dimitri
>
> You might want to clarify if you are connecting to a Microsoft Windows machine or to
a Linux machine running xrdp?

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Dmitri Chebotarov <dchebota@gmu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I’m working on custom auth. provider. The provider takes URL with hostname&username&password
and then connects to RDP session on hostname provided in URL. Everything seems be working
fine, but I’m not able to connect to more then one hostname in my case - I always connect
to 1st session even when I supply different hostname parameter in URL.

> The guacamole log files indicates that guacamole username and RDP username is the same
(guac’s using username from config.setParameter("username", username) - the same as RDP).

> I thought if I could use different usernames for guacamole authentication and RDP auth
then I should be able to open multiple RDP sessions for the same RDP username.

> Is it possible to use different username for guac. auth - not the same  ‘username’
for RDP connection? Or treat every connection as a new session, even if RDP username is the
same?