guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Berthonneau <olivier.berthonn...@nanocloud.com>
Subject Benchmark guacd performance with RDP
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 08:03:03 GMT
Hi there,

I am using Guacamole to interact with Windows sessions over RDP.
In my current configuration I have something like 10 simultaneous sessions
open on the same guacd on a server with 2 cores and 4GB of memory.
Everything works fine but if a user starts doing something crazy like
moving windows really fast, the CPU gets used intensively.

I am trying to measure this and produce a reproducible scenario to
understand when I will have to scale and bring up more guacd.

Has anyone work on such benchmark yet ?

My guess is I will have to code a bot to connect to multiple sessions at
the same time. As I want the session to produce change on the screen to
generate load I was thinking of opening my session with a full screen video
playing a typical usage of a Windows session.

Has anyone any thoughts about this before I jump in ?

- Bertho
--
Olivier Berthonneau
Software developer