guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Berthonneau <olivier.berthonn...@nanocloud.com>
Subject Re: Benchmark guacd performance with RDP
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 13:29:48 GMT
Hi Brian,

I haven't tried with Windows's client. I am still in a early stage in my
testings.

I am monitoring both CPU and RAM used on the Ubuntu server from where guacd
is running. Guacd is alone on that server so Windows is not a concern here.
I want to test on Amazon, so over the internet.

Just to clarify, in my setup each Windows is a dedicated virtual machine.

- Bertho

Le lun. 18 juil. 2016 à 15:22, brian mullan <bmullan.mail@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> out of curiousity have you tried 10 Windows RDP sessions using window's
> own client & doing the same thing?   what happens?
>
> Two other things you didn't mention:
>
>    - have you monitored the server's "free" memory utilization while this
>    is going on (Windows itself needs about 1.2 to 1.4GB depending on what you
>    have configured,   Then there is the memory required by all the Apps that
>    are running.
>    - what is your network speed and is it internet or lan
>
> The Guacamole dev's will have to comment on any benchmarking they've done.
>

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 4:03 AM, Olivier Berthonneau <
> olivier.berthonneau@nanocloud.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am using Guacamole to interact with Windows sessions over RDP.
>> In my current configuration I have something like 10 simultaneous
>> sessions open on the same guacd on a server with 2 cores and 4GB of memory.
>> Everything works fine but if a user starts doing something crazy like
>> moving windows really fast, the CPU gets used intensively.
>>
>> I am trying to measure this and produce a reproducible scenario to
>> understand when I will have to scale and bring up more guacd.
>>
>> Has anyone work on such benchmark yet ?
>>
>> My guess is I will have to code a bot to connect to multiple sessions at
>> the same time. As I want the session to produce change on the screen to
>> generate load I was thinking of opening my session with a full screen video
>> playing a typical usage of a Windows session.
>>
>> Has anyone any thoughts about this before I jump in ?
>>
>> - Bertho
>> --
>> Olivier Berthonneau
>> Software developer