guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Jones <olliejo...@glance.net>
Subject Re: Coping with abandoned sessions?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:40:50 GMT
I'm following up on an earlier question, in which I asked how to handle
desktop sessions that the Guacamole user abandoned by closing a browser
window:

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 4:28 PM, brian mullan <bmullan.mail@gmail.com> answered
this way:

> if you look in:     /etc/xrdp/sesman.ini
> You will see many session configurable items related to user sessions...
> and configure them however you need.
>
> ## KillDisconnected - kill disconnected sessions ...

## IdleTimeLimit - when to disconnect idle sessions  ...

## DisconnectedTimeLimit - when to kill idle sessions

I looked in to this solution, and discovered that xrdp's implementation of
these items is incomplete (to put it charitably).

I did discover that it's possible to write a shell script to detect
disconnected sessions, by looking at their TCP connections. Here's an
explanation.

    https://gist.github.com/OllieJones/27592fb5660a446dccff092a0c029d11

Guacamole is great stuff! Thanks community.

Oliver Jones