guacamole-user mailing list archives

From brian mullan <bmullan.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HOW do i create a connection?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 15:23:54 GMT
Babatunde

So you used that script to install everything on some server somewhere.

Then you logged in using your web browser and the login ID  guacadmin & the
password for guacadmin

Then in the upper right under the user name guacadmin you clicked on
SETTINGS.

In the settings screen you first clicked on CONNECTIONS
then

   1. you changed the connection type from the default VNC to RDP
   2. created a NEW connection using the IP address of your target machine
   you want to connect with RDP to.
   3. you specified your RDP security type
   4. etc etc
   5. then you clicked on SAVE

then

   1. you clicked on New User
   2. you input your UserID & password twice (note that those do NOT have
   to be the same as the UserID and Password on your remote "target" machine
   you want to connect to.   These are just the ID & Password you use to log
   into Guacamole with.
   3. you then select whatever other options you need
   4. You DID NOT forget to also select the "Connection" you want that
   UserID to have access to?    The available connections (which YOU
   configured above) will be listed there.   You need to select 1 or more.
   5. Then you SAVED that Guacamole User account info.

Then you logged out of the Guacadmin account

Then you logged back into Guacamole using your new Guacamole UserID &
Password.

Then you clicked on the Connection you want to connect to using RDP ?

The Machine you want to Connect to is a Windows machine properly setup to
allow RDP connections by a User Account that had previously been installed
on that target Windows machine ?     If you did not do this step then you
won't be able to connect to the Windows machine.

However, before you try with Guacamole... make sure you can access that
"target" Windows machine using another Windows PC first.     If that
doesn't work then Guacamole won't work for you either and you will have to
figure out what needs to be configured to setup the target Windows machine
for RDP connections.

Brian