guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mahmoud El Tabarane <tabar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HOW do i create a connection?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 20:09:52 GMT
You can search for user-mapping.xml and see examples for vnc settings, user-mapping is 1 of
the authentication methods for guacamole, standard location in unix based is /etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml

 Mahmoud El Tabarane

> On Jul 14, 2016, at 10:21 PM, Bob Henderson <bhenderson@lpa.k12.mn.us> wrote:
>
> VNC is, in most cases, not a user/pass based auth. It is a password/port based auth.

> So, if you look at VNC, under Authentication, you'll see the "password" field. This is
authenticating to your VNC server, not to your client. You'll still need to log in to your
windows/ubuntu/whatever client via local credentials after connecting via VNC.

> This is all VNC 101 kind of setup. Please, go to google, type in these questions, and
learn. You are not having Guacamole problems. You're having VNC issues. PEBKAC.

> -Bob Henderson-
> Technology Coordinator
> Robotics Coach
> Senior Drama Director
> Lake Park Audubon Schools
> 218.238.5914 ext 2030
> www.lakeparkaudubon.com
> Check us out on Facebook!
>
>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Babatunde Busari <babatunde.busari@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> CORRECTION
>>
>> No problem
>>
>> My question is actually about guacamole's new connections settings
>>
>> Where do i specify what user i want to use to login via VNC method?
>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Clinton Tonge <ctonge@northwindsolutions.com>
wrote:

>>> With respect, I think you need to do some more research on your own before posing
all these questions here.  This forum is not meant to teach a user how to configure and use
VNC or RDP on various platforms…you need to have more basic knowledge in place before using
Guacamole, as another has previously stated.  Once you have RDP and VNC experience through
standard means with client and server setups, you can then layer on your Guacamole setup to
bring the sessions into the web UI provided by this most excellent of solutions. :)

>>> Good luck!
>>> Clint.
>>>

>>> Clinton Tonge
>>> SCADA and Asset Performance
>>>
>>> Northwind Solutions
>>> 1315 North Service Road East, Suite 300
>>> Oakville, Ontario L6H 1A7
>>> O: 905.829.5757
>>> C: 519.835.1315
>>>
>>> <image001.png>
>>> www.northwindsolutions.com

pretty contrived. Port 631 is a privileged port [1] and is the default port for CUPS / IPP
[2], the printing system used by most Linux distributions, including Ubuntu.