guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <nick.couch...@seakr.com>
Subject Re: LDAP User Case Sensitivity of sAMAccountName
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 20:10:28 GMT
Hey, Walter,
I'm also seeing this issue. Are you using LDAP combined with Database authentication? The
biggest issue I have is that users can get different permissions sets if they use different
user names - for example, if a user logs in with john.doe, they get no connections, but if
they log in with John.Doe, they see all the correct information.

I was kind of working a way to force everything to lower case in the JDBC authentication module,
and do case insensitive compares on all of the username fields, but don't have that fully
working, yet.

-Nick

From: "Walter Meyer" <wgmeyer@gmail.com>
To: "user" <user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 1, 2016 2:03:38 PM
Subject: LDAP User Case Sensitivity of sAMAccountName

I have LDAP authentication working. However, I'm running to a problem wherein authentication
with the same LDAP user name with different cases will result in multiple users being created.

E.g. if I have an LDAP user 'john.doe' in ldap, logging in with 'John.Doe' or 'JOHN.DOE' will
all result in different accounts being created. Therefore, policies assigned to LDAP users
in the local db do not work across the board for the same ldap user. Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Walter

==
This e-mail may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Confidential and Proprietary Information.
If this message is not intended for you, you are strictly prohibited from using this message,
its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please
delete the message from your mailbox. This e-mail may contain export-controlled material and
should be handled accordingly.