guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: PowerPoint document takes too long for editing
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 19:13:28 GMT
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Prashant Govindaraju <
pgovindaraju@boardvantage.com> wrote:

> After I close the pptx file, I see a blue screen for about 3-4 minutes and
> then the Windows logoff screen is shown.

Are you using RemoteApp?

This doesn't sound like something that would be Guacamole-specific, though
the behavior might not be as noticeable when using a native RDP client (as
the desktop background is not normally rendered when using a native client
+ RemoteApp).

If the above sounds plausible, you could confirm by retrying with a native
RDP client, closing PowerPoint as normal, and then watching how long it
takes the RDP client process to die.

If the client process DOES die immediately, then there must be some way to
hook into RemoteApp closure that is not currently being done within
Guacamole.

Thanks,

- Mike