guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Installing Apache Guacamole under Apache TomEE
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2016 03:56:31 GMT
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I’m trying to use Guacamole under Apache TomEE - There’s going to be an
> additional web app that I’d like to use EE6 features with.  Starting up
> Guacamole fails.  In the Tomcat logs, there are a number of entries like:
>
> Jun 02, 2016 2:56:56 PM org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomEEClassLoaderEnricher
> validateJarFile
> WARNING: jar
> '/usr/share/tomcat/webapps/guacamole/WEB-INF/lib/javax.inject-1.jar'
> contains offending class: javax.inject.Inject. It will be ignored.
> Jun 02, 2016 2:56:56 PM org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomEEClassLoaderEnricher
> validateJarFile
> WARNING: jar
> '/usr/share/tomcat/webapps/guacamole/WEB-INF/lib/jersey-core-1.17.1.jar'
> contains offending class: javax.ws.rs.Path. It will be ignored.
> Jun 02, 2016 2:56:56 PM org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomEEClassLoaderEnricher
> validateJarFile
> WARNING: jar
> '/usr/share/tomcat/webapps/guacamole/WEB-INF/lib/jsr250-api-1.0.jar'
> contains offending class: javax.annotation.PostConstruct. It will be
> ignored.
> Jun 02, 2016 2:56:57 PM org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory
> configureApplication
> INFO: Configuring enterprise application:
> /usr/share/tomcat/webapps/guacamole
> Jun 02, 2016 2:56:57 PM org.apache.openejb.config.AppInfoBuilder build
> INFO: Enterprise application "/usr/share/tomcat/webapps/guacamole" loaded.
> Jun 02, 2016 2:56:57 PM org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler
> createApplication
>
> followed later by a number of “NoClassDefFound” for classes that are
> defined in those jar files.
>
> My suspicion is that TomEE is unhappy with Guacamole’s use of Google Guice.

It seems unhappy with both Google Guice and Jersey.

> Any suggestions?

The whole situation is rather disturbing. I'm definitely not a fan of this
automatic amputation of bundled libraries from a .war file.

On one hand, the whole point of TomEE seems to be that it is Tomcat plus
several APIs, so I can understand that refusing to load conflicting
implementations would be a necessity, but on the other hand I'm not sure
how any application could be safely deployed under TomEE without having
been explicitly designed with this in mind.

What specific classes were the "NoClassDefFound" errors for? It may be
possible that Guacamole could be modified to be immune to this behavior,
but that will depend on how deep these cuts go, as well as the design of
Guice/Jersey.

Thanks,

- Mike