guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Joao Alexandre <jalexandre1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Portuguese European (pt-PT) RDP keyboard layout.
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2016 23:28:46 GMT
Hi Mike,

Sorry, I've sent a message without being finished.

I've always been a polite guy, but my 52 years old is driving me impatient,
so I'm really sorry for my precipitated "bump myself".

First things first, thank you Mike for this detailed, time consuming and
enlightened reply.

Indeed yesterday, I've made a git clone of both Guacamole server and
client, as I've found the files you've mentioned at
"src/protocols/rdp/keymaps". I've looked at all of them, made a new one
based on the French or Italian files, I really don't recall, and altered a
Makefile so that the "pt_pt_qwerty.keymap" would get compiled. After I
tried to test it but then I've realized that the web client interface
didn't have the option to choose my new keyboard, and I could not find out
to do it.
Next, I've copied my new Portuguese keymap file over the failsafe.keymap,
that I thought it was the unicode option in the web interface. I tried
these combination but I had several mismatch keys. I also search in Google
for keyboard scan codes, but I could find any information useful, at least
to my knowledge, so I got frustrated. The Portuguese keyboard has more keys
than the English one, and at the end of the day I've quit.

Today after reading your post, I've decided to give it another try, I still
have doubts.

Forme the Portuguese keymap file should look like this:

parent  "base"
name    "pt-pt-qwerty"
freerdp "KBD_PORTUGUSE"

#
# Basic keys
#

map -altgr -shift 0x29 0x02..0x0D      ~ "\1234567890'«"
map -altgr -shift      0x10..0x1B      ~ "qwertyuiop+'"
map -altgr -shift      0x1E..0x28 0x2B ~ "asdfghjklçº~"
map -altgr -shift 0x56 0x2C..0x35      ~ "<zxcvbnm,.-"
(the last character of the second row is a dead key, the accent character
in "a" letter like á)

map -altgr +shift 0x29 0x02..0x0D      ~ "|!"#$%&/()=?»"
map -altgr +shift      0x10..0x1B      ~ "QWERTYUIOP*`"
map -altgr +shift      0x1E..0x28 0x2B ~ "ASDFGHJKLçª^"
map -altgr +shift 0x56 0x2C..0x35      ~ ">ZXCVBNM;:_"

#
# Keys requiring AltGr
#

map +altgr -shift 0x12 ~ "€"
map +altgr -shift 0x09 ~ "["
map +altgr -shift 0x0A ~ "]"
map +altgr -shift 0x03 ~ "@"
map +altgr -shift 0x04 ~ "£"
map +altgr -shift 0x05 ~ "§"
map +altgr -shift 0x08 ~ "{"
map +altgr -shift 0x0B ~ "}"
map +altgr -shift 0x1A ~ "¨"

Those this looks OK to you?

Yesterday, I've tried a similar setup on failsafe.keymap supposing it was
the unicode option in the web client, but some keys didn't work like 0x29 \
between others.

Last questions:

- does failsafe.keymap correspond to unicode?
- Is it easy to add a new keyboard option in the web client?

Once more, thank you.

Kind regards,

João Alexandre