guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Clinton Tonge <cto...@northwindsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Guacamole and linux Pulseaudio
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2016 12:17:15 GMT
Brian, I’m very interested to migrate my Guacamole setup to a new server with MySQL backend.
 Currently I have it running on a server doing double duty with my SCADA system, so it can’t
live there forever.  I’d love to get my hands on your scripts if you’re willing to share.

Thanks!
Clint.

Clinton Tonge
SCADA and Asset Performance

Northwind Solutions
1315 North Service Road East, Suite 300
Oakville, Ontario L6H 1A7
O: 905.829.5757
C: 519.835.1315

[cid:image001.png@01D1AA16.4AC2D520]
www.northwindsolutions.com<http://www.northwindsolutions.com>

On Jun 25, 2016, at 11:16 PM, Mike Jumper <mike.jumper@guac-dev.org<mailto:mike.jumper@guac-dev.org>>
wrote:

On Jun 25, 2016 8:03 PM, "brian mullan" <bmullan.mail@gmail.com<mailto:bmullan.mail@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Thanks Mike for the response.   I'm no wiz with RDP :-)
>
> Just understanding what you've described helps.
>
> So if I can make an RDP connection to  one of the LXD containers & bring up the desktop
OK... it should be the xrdp/x11rdp drivers in that Container that support that connection's
job to pass the pulseaudio to RDPSND channel...

Correct so far.

> ... which should be directly sent back to the remote end-user's browser & played
then locally because that RDPSND channel is part of the original browser connection to Guacamole?

Not quite. In spirit, yes, but:

The Guacamole JavaScript client has no concept of RDP (or VNC ... or SSH ...). It speaks only
the Guacamole protocol, which defines its own universal flavor of in-band audio streams.

The RDP client piece that uses RDPSND sits behind guacd, as does the VNC client piece that
uses out-of-band PulseAudio. Both of these components digest different protocols and different
audio sources but ultimately produce the same type of output: Guacamole protocol with in-band
audio streams. The only difference here is where that audio actually came from, but that is
intentionally opaque to the client.

- Mike