guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Ramella <Matthew.Rame...@ctl.io>
Subject Re: Question Regarding Invalid Username/Password for Linux VM's
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 15:21:59 GMT

From what I can tell, once a bad username/password is caught at the guacd layer, the connection

From: Mike Jumper <mike.jumper@guac-dev.org>
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 2:09 PM
To: "user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org" <user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Question Regarding Invalid Username/Password for Linux VM's

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Mike Jumper <mike.jumper@guac-dev.org<mailto:mike.jumper@guac-dev.org>>
wrote:
On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Matthew Ramella <Matthew.Ramella@ctl.io<mailto:Matthew.Ramella@ctl.io>>
wrote:
Hello,

We’re testing out Guacamole for use in our business (CenturyLink), and have a quick question
regarding authentication to Linux VM’s via Guacamole.

In our scenario, for connecting to Linux VM’s via Guacamole, we’re not passing usernames
and/or password, and thus, Guacamole is prompting for username and password (which is exactly
what we’re looking for :-), however, we noticed that if we pass a bad username/password,
the Guacamole view does not provide an error message, and does not indicate that a bad username/password
was provided, but rather, the view seems to hang, and the user cannot interact with the view.
 We’re wondering if this is a bug?  Ideally, we were hoping that the view would indicate
that a bad username/password was provided, and to please try again.

Yes, this is a bug, but it should have been fixed recently: https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-server/commit/7c2766b34bd10f0ae2dcd0b378696fb454498a76

If you can, please try building from git to see if the problem is resolved.

For reference, the original report of this issue was GUAC-1381 [1], fixed while debugging
changes for GUAC-1389 [2] (finalization of screen sharing support in the backend). The issue
is not in the Apache JIRA as it was fixed before migration to Apache Incubator was completed.

- Mike

[1] https://glyptodon.org/jira/browse/GUAC-1381
[2] https://glyptodon.org/jira/browse/GUAC-1389