guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: per user virtual drive
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 18:27:40 GMT
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Maarten Dirickx @ WTD <
mdirickx@walkingthedog.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've set up quite a few connections and quite a few users. For convenience
> of file transfer, each connections has a virtual drive mapped to it. I feel
> it would be much easier from a user's point of view if I could give a them
> a personal folder, and map that to each connection. Is this possible in any
> way?
>
> For example, map a drive under /var/guac/%username and create it if it
> doesn't exist. That way a file only needs to be uploaded once, to be
> deployed to several machines.
>
> I could not find any documentation about this, though I don't believe I am
> the first to ask.

You do this using parameter tokens:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#parameter-tokens

In your case, specifying a value like "/var/guac/${GUAC_USERNAME}" for
"drive-path" would accomplish what you're looking for. To have this created
automatically, you would set the "create-drive-path" to "true":

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-device-redirection

There are analogous parameters for the SFTP options of VNC, RDP, and SSH,
as well.

Thanks,

- Mike