guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Need Help to know Virtual Drive Creation process in RDP session
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 19:24:42 GMT
On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 12:04 AM, Vijay Kumar Kamannavar <
vijaykumar.ppsg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> Thanks for confirming that gpedit.msc must be enough.
>
> 1. I read in some forums that, if sound plugin(guacsnd) is not loaded(due
> to binaries missed) then we may see issues with Virtual Drive creation

Correct. More on this below.

> 2. Even if we open PROXY_RDP for Windows 2012 R2 in IE 11, due to
> non-support of audio codecs *wav and ogg/vorbis *in IE browser,  sound
> will be disabled and we see "No Available Audio Encoding, Sound Disabled"
> message is GUACD log.

Yes, this is correct. Sound will always be disabled if the Guacamole client
determines that the browser is incapable of playing sound encoded with any
supported codec.

Further, for Guacamole releases prior to 0.9.9, lack of audio support will
prevent the virtual drive from functioning. Due to a bug in Windows 2012
(and possibly other versions of Windows), the virtual channel used for the
drive ("RDPDR") has no effect even after it has successfully opened unless
the virtual channel for audio ("RDPSND") has also been opened.

I'm not sure this is the particular issue in your case, however, as you are
also getting an explicit refusal to connect the virtual drive from the RDP
server. In my experience with the above bug, the failure to properly
connect the virtual drive was always silent.

Please confirm whether my understanding is correct or not

> These issues are addressed in current release.

Your understanding is correct, and the issue with RDPSND vs. RDPDR is
indeed fixed in 0.9.9. The original issue tracking that in the old JIRA was:

https://glyptodon.org/jira/browse/GUAC-1196

Thanks,

- Mike