groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Static imports seem to win over a method in closure's delegate
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 19:01:46 GMT
On 12.04.19 11:15, sterg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to use in GroovyLab ?(https://github.com/sterglee/GroovyLab) the
> ND4j Java scientific library
> (https://github.com/deeplearning4j/deeplearning4j) , by placing the
> corresponding .jar file at the classpath of GroovyShell.
>
> Unfortunately, it has problem to initialize the backends (i.e. native
> code, e.g. OpenBLAS, Intell MKL, NVIDIA CUDA etc),
>
> and code such as
>
> x= org.nd4j.linalg.factory.Nd4j.rand(9,9)
>
> fails.

It fails how and why?

> With Java9's JShell such code works and it is possible to work with the
> ND4j in a scripting MATLAB like style.
>
> But also by using the JShell's API from GroovyLab >
> I have the same problem as with GroovyShell, i.e. backend initialization
> failure.
>
> Also with GroovyConsole the backend isn't properly initialized.

I assume it is a classloader setup problem. Without knowing details it
is going to be difficult to answer something really useful though. If it
is about native libraries it can also be that those are not found. Then
it would be important to know how they are looked-up and such

bye Jochen