groovy-users mailing list archives

From Mauro Molinari <mauro...@tiscali.it>
Subject Re: Which issue do you MOST want to fix
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2019 11:20:51 GMT
Hi Daniel,
my 2-cents. I recently tried Groovy 2.5 for the first time (was on 2.4
before) to write a CLI program and I had a lot of problems with strange
exceptions which seem more to be related to Groovy code parsing rather
than with compiling or runtime. It was really a hit-and-miss, I had to
fill my code with @CompileDynamic methods on @CompileStatic classes to
avoid exceptions.
This is the bug I opened, because it's easily reproducible by following
a published tutorial: GROOVY-8975. It can even be reproduced with
dynamic Groovy, but it's easier with static Groovy..

Thanks,
Mauro