groovy-users mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]About creating open collective for Groovy programming language in the name of Groovy Community
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2019 21:44:46 GMT

Am 08.01.2019 um 11:54 schrieb Paul King:

>     > (4) While sponsorship is below what we'd like and below what it
>     has been
>     > at some previous points in Groovy life, it isn't 0. We have several
>     > existing sponsors, e.g. OCI. The wording about the collective
>     should take
>     > that into consideration.
>
>          Yep. OCI is a great company for Groovy! We always appreciate its
>     sponsorship.
>
>           Let's imagine that would be really great if more people
>     involve into
>     developing Groovy, more big features(e.g. MOP2, async/await) are
>     completed
>     and hard issues(e.g. generics of STC) are fixed every year :-)
>

> Totally agree with you, just suggesting the wording used is sensitive
> to existing players. I can help craft wording if needed.

Might be worth thinking about whether existing sponsors would consider
giving their donation through the same channel ? Could have different
tiers of sponsorship (gold, silver, etc), with respective logo sizes,
etc to differentiate. Would lead to a greater exposure for them...
I guess it would also not be too hard to integrate a sponsor names or
logos into e.g. Groovy console (if Apache allows that)...

Cheers,
mg